மர்ஹூம் மீராலெப்பை போடியார் அவர்களினால் 18 ஆம் நூற்றாண்டின் ஆரம்பத்தில் இப்பள்ளிவாயல் நிர்மாணிக்கப்பட்டது. இப்பள்ளிவாயல் ஏறாவூரில் ஆரம்பிக்கப்பட்ட இரண்டாவது பள்ளிவாயலாகும். மீராலெப்பை போடியாரின் மகன் உமர்லெப்பை போடியாரினால் இப்பள்ளிவாயல் கல்லினால் கட்டப்பட்டது.

இப்பள்ளியின் முதலாவது பேஷ் இமாமாக காத்தாங்குடியைச் சேர்ந்த முஹம்மது காசிம் லெப்பை ஆலிம் அவர்கள் மட்டக்களப்பு வாவி வழியாக தோனியில் ஏறாவூர் ஆற்றங்கரையை வந்தடைந்த போது ஊர் மக்களால் கோலாகலமாக அழைத்து வரப்பட்டு (பைத் முழக்கத்துடன்) ஆற்றங்கரை மொஹைதீன் ஜும் ஆ மஸ்ஜிதுக்கு இமாமாக நியமிக்கப்பட்டார். இவரின் ,மறைவை அடுத்து இவரின் மகனார் மர்ஹூம் முஹம்மது ஹஸன் ஆலிம் (பெரிய ஆலிம் அப்பா) அவர்களும் அவரது மறைவின் பின்னர் மகனார் மர்ஹூம் முஹம்மது ஹஸன் ஆலிம் (பெரிய ஆலிம் அப்பா) அவர்களின் மூத்த மகன் எம்.எச்.அப்துல் ஸலாம் (பஹ்ஜி) அவர்களும் பேஷ் இமாம்களாக கடமை புரிந்துள்ளனர்.

மேலும் , தென்னிந்தியாவைச் சேர்ந்த மர்ஹூம் நஹ்வி ஆலிம் ஷாஹிப் அவ்ர்களால் ஆரம்பித்து நடாத்தப்பட்டு வந்த அரபு மத்ரஸாவில் ஓதி “ஆலிம்” என்ற மார்க்க முணந்தவர்களாக காத்தாங்குடியைச் சேர்ந்த “ஓடக்கரை ஆலிம்” போன்றோர் மார்க்கக்ம் கல்வி கற்றுள்ளனர்.

இப்பள்ளிவாயலை காத்தான்குடியைச் சேர்ந்த மட்டக்களப்பு மாவட்ட முன்னாள் பாராளுமன்ற ஊருப்பினரும், கிழக்குமாகாண முன்னாள் ஆளுனருமான அல்ஹாஜ் எம்.எல்.ஏ.எம். ஹிஸ்புல்லாஹ் அவர்கள் தலைமையிலான அல் ஹிரா பௌண்டேசன் 2015 ஆம் ஆண்டு, இப்பள்ளிவாயலின் பண்டைய நிர்மான அமைப்பை மேலும் மெருகூட்டி புனர்நிர்மாணம் செய்ஹ்து கொடுக்கப்பட்டு இன்று தேசியளவில் தொல்லியல் அடையாளமாக பேசப்படுகிறது.

தலைவர்களாக இருந்தோர் விபரம்.

மர்ஹூம் முஹாந்திரம் மீராலெப்பை வலியுல்லாஹ்.

18 ஆம் நூற்றாண்டு காலப்பகுதி

மர்ஹூம் யூ.வீ.எம்.ஷரீப்

1954 காலப் பகுதி

மர்ஹூம் எம்.ஏ.சீ.ஏ.றகுமான்
(முன்னாள் பட்டிண சபையின் விஷேட ஆணையாளர்)

மர்ஹூம் பரீட் மீராலெப்பை

முன்னாள் பிரதியமைச்சர்

மர்ஹூம் சேகு அப்துல் காதர் முஹம்மது இஸ்மாயில்
(சங்குப் போடியார்) (ச.கு பாம்பு வைத்தியர்)

மர்ஹூம் யூ.எல்.தாவூத்

(அதிபர்)

மர்ஹூம். ஸம்சூன் லெப்பை – முஹம்மது முஸ்தபா

மர்ஹூம் முஹம்மது JP ஹாஜியார்

எஸ்.ஏ. ஜலால்தீன் JP
முன்னாள் பிரதேச சபை தவிசாளர்

அப்துல் கரீம்
(ஓய்வு பெற்ற ஆசிரியர்)

மர்ஹூம் மௌலவி ஏ.எம். லாபீர் (பஹ்ஜி)

அல்ஹாஜ். எஸ்.எம். நழீம்

அல்ஹாஜ் எம்.ஐ.செய்யித் அபூதாஹிர்.

ஆற்றங்கரை முஹைதீன் ஜும்ஆ பள்ளிவாயலில் ஆரம்ப காலங்களில் ஆலிம்கள் அல்லாத மௌலவிமார்களாக இருந்த லெப்பைகள்

  • மர்ஹூம் ஆலிம் தம்பி லெப்பை
  • மர்ஹூம் ஊசி மூக்கர் லெப்பை (உடையார் அப்பவின் பேரன்)

ஆற்றங்கரை முஹைதீன் ஜும்ஆ பள்ளிவாயலில் இயங்கிய குர்ஆன் மத்ரஸாவில் ஆலிம்களாக இருந்தவர்கள் விபரம்.

கிழக்கிலங்கையிலே முதலாவது கிதாப் மதரஸாவாக இது அமைந்திருந்ததுடன் , ஏறாவூரின் முக்கியமான ஆலிம்களை இம்மதர்ஸா உருவாக்கியிருந்தது.

  • மர்ஹூம் நஹ்வி ஆலிம் ஷா
  • மர்ஹூம் வெள்ளத்தம்பி ஆலிம் (மன்சூர் ஆசிரியரின் தந்தை)
  • மர்ஹூம் ஊசி மூக்கர் லெப்பை
  • மர்ஹூம் அப்துல் ஸலாம் ஆலிம்
  • மர்ஹூம் ஹஸன் ஆலிம்

ஆற்றங்கரை முஹைதீன் ஜும்ஆ பள்ளிவாயலில் இயங்கிய குர்ஆன் மத்ரஸாவில் இருந்து ஆலிம்களாக வெளியேரியவர்கள் விபரம்.

  • மர்ஹூம் சாஹிபுத் தம்பி ஆலிம்
  • மர்ஹூம் அலியார் ஆலிம்
  • மர்ஹூம் அச்சி முஹம்மது ஆலிம்

ஆற்றங்கரைப் பள்ளிவாயலில் ஆரம்ப காலங்களில் இருந்த் இமாம்கள்

  • மர்ஹூம் அப்துல் ஸலாம் ஆலிம்
  • மர்ஹூம் வெள்ளத்தம்பி ஆலிம் (மன்சூர் ஆசிரியரின் தந்தை)

புகைப்படத் தொகுப்பு

சிலோன் பைத்துல் மால் நிதியத்தினால் வெளியிடப்பட்ட இலங்கையின் பூர்வீக பள்ளிவாயல்கள் பற்றிய தொகுப்பில் ஆற்றங்கரை முஹைதீன் ஜும்ஆ பள்ளிவாயல் பற்றி எழுதப்பட்டுள்ள கட்டுரை கீழே தரப்பட்டுள்ளது.

Aattrangarai Mohaideen Jumma Masjidh – Eravur

The Muslim settlement in the eastern province of srilanka. Is fairly old we may suppose that there were a few Arab moor settlements. Possibly dedicate to marry time trade in the costal bled of the east, but this were probably not very large.

Some more villages in the eastern costel Regine lite Batticaloa seem to have been settle by moors from other parts of the island, including those expelled feeling from per section by the Portuguese, conquistadors. the portugease writer Fernao Queyroz says in his conquistadors temporal e – Spiritual de seylo (1687) that the Kandyan King Senarath (C.1604 – 1635) settle thousand of them in Batticaloa.

This does not necessarily mean that there were no mores in this area. Prior to the 17th century when such evens occurred since its quite possible that the Kandyan monarch would have chosen to settle them in this Regine. For the simple reason that their co-religionists would have been found her at the time.

We also have S.O. Kanagarathnam who in his monograph of the Batticaloa district (1921). Records that the more were given Eravur. “The uninhabited country”. As a reward for there help to the mookkuwars in diving out their rivals, the Dhimilars beyond history ironwood tree at Panichcangerny.

Over time Eravur become predominantly Muslim town. A part of the town host by name the “Aattrangarai” meaning “River bank” or “River Coast” in Tamil but actually taking its name from the near by Batticaloa. Lagoon that covers a good part of that district.

Her stand a very old Masjidh which local tradition tells as was build many centuries ago. This is corroborated by a government gazette notice.  That describes it as an “Ancient Monument” this is the Aattrangarai Mohaideen Jumma Masjidh which combines the old an the new in a striking juxta position of different Architectural styles.

The entrance to the Masjidh is fairly modern and fronted by and exquisitely design green dome with a stylized crescent facing the road way is a gigantic wooden door in the form of a rounded arch with surrounding wall mate of  cabok laterite bricks bound together by clay.

This is leads to a rather tell and impressive sandstone hued scare hold with ten wide rounded arch fenestrations that allow in more light and air, while a larger arch facing the main doorway as on enders the Masjidh lets to a large very modern looking rectangular structure supported by white pillars which also serves as a prier area.

To the writers on enders the front hall is a large arch. Doorway that lets do the ULPALLI inner Masjidh which is the oldest part of Masjidh and has half a dozen wooden pillars and an ornate Mihrab and Mimber area format intricate wood work.

The pillars area side to be very old and made of Muthirai and Satinwood which was sourced from the vicinity which was a wooded forested area back when construction of the Masjidh begin. This pillar side to the over four centuries old were sometime back found to be hollow on the inside and were rein forest by pouring concrete in to them.

Other old futures of the ULPALLI area which may go back to the same period include rather old looking rounded arch at the entrance to the ULPALLI , the corridor to the right of it a s on faces the Mihrab which seems to have save as a sort of WIRANTHAI and the peculiar roofing over it which is remind send of a classical mediaeval Sinhalese architectural style. Of more modern provenance are several side door surmounted by rounded arches with colored glass panes which are situated between the ullpalli and the corridor, and the main chandelier lamp with the kalmia or is amical formula ‘la ilaha illallah’ in ornate Arabic calligraphy also suspended form the ceiling area eight more lamps of Arabian style that area also modern introductions and made in china.

Related Posts